Thursday, April 03, 2008

A list for a lister


So the image above is the from the To-Do-List Blog. This blog is sort of similar to post secret
in that people send their stuff in and it gets published. What's different here is that instead of some horrible, shocking, or wonderful secret, folks are sending in random lists that are just sort of laying around. I'm guessing, however, that now people are sending in more concocted lists than random ones.

I like this blog because I'm a lister. I make lists for EVERY thing. In fact, I'm a big follower of the Seven Habits, which talks a lot about prioritizing what happens during the day. As we all know, this is, indeed, a fancy way to make a list. I will make lists about what to do at the gym, what I want to get at the store, what movies I want to rent (Netflix Queue!), where I'd like to visit, what I want to do over the weekend, and how I'm going to allot all the money in my next paycheck. I could, in fact, make a ridiculously long list of all the crap I tend to make lists for.

I chose the above list because this is something that I've done and something that there's even a movie about. So, I ask you, my friends, do you have a list? What do you want get done before you keel over? Personally, I have two basic things that I must do. (#1) I must get to Hawaii. This, I know, probably seems a little odd. Hawaii is part of the U.S. after all. My mom, however, met my Dad in Hawaii. Both of my brothers spent the first 15 years of their life in Hawaii. I'm the only person in my immediate family to have not been there. I would hear all their stories and dream of going. I even asked one of my brothers to send me a Hawaiian dictionary when he moved back there. Yet. . . . .here I am, land locked.
(#2) I must get my PH.D. I don't really have a big reason. I just like to feel smart. ;- )

Okay--I've shared my little list. Now. . . .I want to see yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: