This came to me from Exchange Every Day, an Early Childhood publication that I read. I thought about posting it only in my Early Childhood blog, but I thought you all would appreciate it too. Enjoy!
In her article, "Rx for Happiness" in Pink Magazine (July-August, 2008) Michele Cohen Marill outlines "10 Steps to a Happier Life":
1. Count your blessings. Name three things that went well today.
2. Consider what you have. List three things that you appreciate about your life.
3. Express thanks. Write a letter to someone who made an impact on your life.
4. Play to your strengths. List your top three strengths.
5. Make love count. Set aside time to spend with your partner.
6. Look on the bright side. Write a story about your "best future self."
7. Find meaning in your work. List three reasons you feel passionate about your work, or how
your work contributes to the greater good.
8. Do a good deed. Practice acts of kindness to those you care about as well as to strangers.
9. Make positive connections. Smile at someone you pass on the street or in the elevator.
10. Do what you love. When you do something you enjoy, you will naturally drift into a satisfying "sense of flow."