Saturday, May 12, 2007

At the 2007 ASW!

Well it's ASW (Autism Society of Wisconsin) Conference time again! This year I spent most of my time sitting in the BBA booth, but I did get to see a few great presenters. First I saw Susan Stokes, an SLP and an Autism Consultant for CESA 6. Her presentation was very good and centered around the affects that the inability to communicate effectively can have on someone. Unfortunately, her presentation ran long and she had to be cut off! I also got to see Temple Grandin for a second time! Needless to say, her presentation was wonderful (as always!) I also got to see Glenis Benson. She spoke about what threatening behavior communicates and a little about Postive Behavior Support, which I am a big believer in. As always, it was a wonderful conference and I look forward to going again next year!

No comments: