Sunday, September 07, 2008

Yes. . . .it's true!

Yes--it's true. I've resigned from my current job. There were a number of reasons why, but the main being that I've had more flare ups with my Lyme's since I began working there. I completely underestimated how the level of stress in that type of position would affect me. So this brings me to the question. . . . .what now? Not in terms of work, but in terms of Lyme's. I hear so many mixed up things. I've done some things with my diet in the past, but my flare ups are so staggered it is difficult to tell when something works and when something does not. Also, my Lyme tests always show up as "non conclusive" and no test is every completely reliable, so the doctor that I currently have basically tells me that I'm stuck like this. Stuck with the flare ups that just sort of appear as they wish. I say I'm too young to be stuck in this sort of position. I believe that I need to be a bit more aggressive at this point and start connecting with some other folks with Lyme. Perhaps then I can get some real treatment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! It certainly is amazing how stress can really affect one's health, isn't it? I am so glad that you are doing what is best for you. After all, your health is more important than any job out there :)

Keep us posted on the ongoings in your life.

Hugs xo

Uncivil said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!I don't think i've ever met anyone who contracted Lyme's disease?
Is this something that will never go away?
Wish you the best with treatment!