Thursday, December 31, 2009

Look out, here I come 2010!

Well, tonight's the night. It's the end of a decade and what a decade it's been. A lot has happened the past year, let alone the past ten years. I'm going to do a top ten list of sorts for the 10 biggest things that happened (at least in my world) over the past 10 years. This was a challenging exercise for me and made me wonder--am I really living life to the fullest if I had a hard time coming up with significant experiences over the past 10 years? I was hoping to come up with things like, this was the year I went to x or did y, but most of my significant events have to do with degrees or work. Although I look that this and feel professionally accomplished, I also feel a little socially sad.

2000
Completed my term of service as an AmeriCorps Member. My experience with AmeriCorps strengthened my love of volunteering and helping others.
2001

Began working for the Wisconsin Early Autism Project. This began my passion for helping children on the Autism Spectrum.
2002
Not much happening, this year, I guess.
2003

Not much happening here either. . . .
2004
Graduated from UWRF with my Bachelor's Degree and David and I got our first (and only) apartment together.
2005

Began my Master's Degree. Started working for Cap Services and have had many adventures with them since.
2006
Not much happening this year, started, Play for life Blog, which was in a much different direction than it is now.
2007
Finished my Master's Degree with the University of Phoenix. I also was 21 lbs lighter and began my love affair with Hedgehogs. In July, I brought home Cringer, my first Hedgehog.
2008
I started my Ph.D!
2009
I enjoyed lots of traveling to places such as The Bahamas, Hawaii, Washington, and Pennsylvania.

So, what does 2010 hold for me?

No comments: