So here's the good:
- I grew a pair and decided to stand up for what I want. I took time to evaluate my personal needs and decided that it was time to, as my dad puts it, "stop being someone's door mat." Specifically, I decided to stop being D's door mat. Over the past 12 years I slowly let parts of me slip away. I worked hard to defend something that did not feel right to me and ended up betraying myself along the way.
- I reconnected with an old boyfriend and what a time I've had with him! We're seeing an aweful lot of each other and I sure love it. I was awefully bitter about relationships and love for awhile and spent a good many years living almost a lie. It's amazing for me to feel something so real and feels so right. It's been a long time since I have been this happy.
- I trying lots of new things since my break up with D and I've gotten back into doing things that I used to do but gave up when I was dating D.
And here's the bad:
- Well, I've lost a few "friends" in the whole break up with D ordeal. It will take time for them to heal, after all, D and I were together for 12 years. This has been about as close to a divorce as an unmarried couple can go through.
- Khaiya is very sick. The vet is thinking it could be cancer. This could be moving from bad to ugly very soon.
Finally, the ugly:
- I was booted from a wedding party with out even being told about it! I found out through the bridal store!!!!