Thursday, May 05, 2011

Date night, the baby talk, and 17 followers!

17 of you are my "followers" and I'm not sure if I should jump for joy or feel sad for you all! ;-) Thanks for taking the time to read what I've got to say!  I hope some of you will jump in with a comment for two from time to time.

Well. . . I had THE baby talk with Hubby.  The talk where I explain that somehow I've got this urge to be a REAL mamma.  To be a MOTHER instead of a bonus mom.  It went better than expected.  He told me he understood and he wasn't upset.  What a Hubby I've got.  I couldn't have asked for better!

Speaking of Hubbalicious, we've got a very nice date night planned for Friday.  I am over the top excited.  First we're going to a high school friend's wedding reception and then. . . some time alone in a hot tub.  ;-) (Insert whistle here!)  I feel giddy because Hubby and I sort of skipped that stage in our relationship.  We pretty much went from, "Hey it's cool to see you again after 15 years of living our own lives" to "Here's a key to my house."   We skipped some stages along the way. . .which, in any other situation, I would STRONGLY discourage.  We knew we were taking a big risk, but both of thought it would just work out and, for us, it has.   Anyway--because we skipped the dating stage of things, I get REALLY excited when we get to go on an actual date that does not involve (a) other family members, (b) children, (c) some type of needed errand like grocery shopping, farm supplies, or other random necessity.  Don't get me wrong, I am so, so, so happy to do ANY of those things with my dear Hubby, but a date night is special.  It is a time when we get to focus on EACH OTHER with no distractions.    And, considering I am HIGHLY distractable, this is very important  Now, hopefully, I can find just the right outfit to wear. . . . Any thoughts?!

2 comments:

Shleigh said...

:) hope your date night goes well! and congrats on the 5 month anniversary! Getting married very soon myself. look forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

I hope you will drop by to read my new blog. . . Pink PhD Wanna Be
(http://pinkphdwannabe.blogspot.com/2013/01/playing-catch-up.html)