Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where the hell is everyone going?

I have spent the past four days in Washington, D.C. for work.  I learned a lot about the grant I manage and I also learned that people in D.C. seem to always be in a hurry.  It really did not seem to matter when I was out exploring, or in which part of city,  people were in a rush everywhere I went. This made me wonder, why?  Doesn't any one give themselves enough time to get anywhere?  I cannot stand rushing.  I like to take my time.  I like to explore and people watch.  Knowing this about myself I leave early enough so I don't have to run down escalators or nearly plow over the people going through a cross walk.  Slow down citizens of D.C.  Take time to enjoy the beauty and diversity present in your city. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been to DC before, I don't want to go back.

Rachie-Babe said...

Hi Awesome! Thanks for stopping by. I liked some parts of DC, but the rushing. . wow, that drove me BONKERS!