Monday, January 09, 2012

The weight of it all

My husband partied more than the average bear when he was younger and I have had my share of substance use before my thirties.  When you pair that with how reactive and highly sensative I am, the thought of conceiving a child is down right scary.  Especially after I have begun to read, Ghosts from the Nursery (Karr-Morse and Wiley, 1997).

As a Parent Eductor, college level educator, and Ph.D. candidate in the Early Child field, I felt as though I was pretty educated on the effects of prenatal stress and neurotoxins.  What I did not know, and frankly am quite concerned about, is effect that prior useage can have on the ability to conceive and the possible effects upon the unborn baby even at conception.

Are my husband wrong for wanting to conceive, despite our issues in our teens and twenties?  My husband already has fears about us even conceiving.  I brushed them off at first but I am beginging to think he knew the research already.......

1 comment:

Rachie-Babe said...

Sue! Thank you for your kind words! :-) I am not sure why your comment is NOT showing up here, but I did accept it. :-)