Friday, August 06, 2010

I can't wait to be your wife

I didn't think this would happen to me, but I definitely have wedding brain.  Particularly, I have "wedding gown brain."  I am not preoccupied with the planning process, after all, we don't even have a date set yet.  But I am preoccupied with the thoughts of how that day will feel and the idea of being called "wife."
I love the idea of wifedom.  I love how it sounds.  I love the thought of two people making a promise to each other to care for and love each other no matter what--even through the hard times.  I love the idea of being able to call Sweetie my Husband and Cutie #1 and #2 my bonus children.  I love the idea that we will be an "official" family.

Yes, I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to the idea of marriage and I love that Sweetie really is too, when it gets down the heart of it.  Don't get me wrong, proposing to me was a surprise to Sweetie too.  He didn't think that he would want to get married again after his first marriage went horribly wrong.  So, he really surprised himself when he asked me.

Now that I've been asked, I have been thinking non stop about that perfect dress.  My big requirement is that the dress needs to be affordable because I plan on "trashing" my wedding dress during the big day and I have no intention of trashing a dress that cost more than $200.00!  That being said, I still want a dress that looks good and have been looking at all sorts of resources.  So far, I think the David's Bridal 99.00 sale is probably going to be my best bet, since I live near one and will be able to try on dresses before I spend. 

I'm wondering if any of YOU have trashed your wedding dresses?  If so, how did you do it?

No comments: